Amanuensis Monday: It is Old, but Still Good.

In amongst the certificates and photographs documenting the family is two pages of hand-lined yellowing paper, covered in a careful script. My Nana gave it to my Father and I when I was 15 and first asked about my Grandfather (Walter Thomas Muffett, 9/4/1916-13/3/1958) and family history. She'd kept it for how much it represented his sense of humour, a trait that is certainly evident amongst his children and grandchildren.


It is Old, but Still Good
On the assumption that "a laugh will always win,"I am indebted to Albert Falk for the following. If anyone can read it without a laugh, I'll go quietly
I had twelve bottles of whiskey in my cellar, and my wife told me to empty the contents of each and every bottle down the sink or else -- So I said I would, and proceeded with the unpleasant task,
I with withdrew the cork from the first bottle and poured the contents down the sink, with the exception of one glass, which I drank. I extracted the cork from the second bottle and did likewise, with the exception of one glass, which I drank. I then withdrew the cork from the third bottle, and emptied the whiskey down the sink, with the exception of one glass, which I drank. I pulled the cork from the fourth sink and poured the bottle down the glass, which I drank. I pulled the bottle from the cork of the next and drank one sink out of it and threw the rest down the glass. I pulled the sink out of the next glass and poured the cork down the bottle and drank the glass. I pulled the next cork from my throat and poured the next sink down the bottle. The I corked the sink with the sink glass, bottled the drink and the pour;
When I had everything emptied I steadied the house with one hand and counted the bottles, corks, and glasses and sinks with the other, which were twenty-nine. To be sure, I counted them again, and when they came by I had seventy-four, and as the house came by I counted them again, and finally had all the houses, and bottles and glasses and sinks counted, except one house and one bottle, which I drank.


Amanuensis Monday is a daily blogging prompt from GeneaBloggers

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks: Week 1 - Firsts

DNA mapping

Updated DNA Maps