Sunday, 10 April 2016

DNA Mapping again

This time of my paternal ancestry. I threw the kit at Dad and told him to spit.

So from Ancestry:


No surprises there; well actually I was expecting it to be a little more homogeneous because his first cousin's looks like this:


The German on Dad's maternal side makes all the difference it seems.

What did surprise me is how similar mine and Dad's FTDNA maps are.

His:

Mine:

The southern European that I assumed must all be from my maternal side; seems to reflect what I am guessing may be from Dad's maternal as well. I think I may have to throw my other half's science brain at the problem because numerical data analysis is not my strong suit.  





2 comments:

  1. Maybe the Southern European comes from both sides. Yours is a deeper shade of purple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really interesting. Suspected Muffett's were ag laborers - seems they didn't travel very far.

    ReplyDelete